New Hall Farm is an ideal central location to stay and there are several local attractions to visit.
The site is just 3 miles from the historic
Minster town of Southwell - click here to visit their website. This attractive town has an extensive range
of restaurants and shops. The market town of Newark is just 10 miles away
and Nottingham 15 miles.
are many local country pubs, which serve good food and beer. The Old
Reindeer in Edingley is a 20 minute walk from the site and serves good,
quality food with a wide range of beers and lagers. Also recommended within walking distance is The Waggon at Halam.
Other attractions in the area include: -
- Robin Hood Country - Sherwood Forest Country Park (12 miles)
- Clumber Park (15 miles)
- Rufford Abbey & Country Park (12 miles)
- Newstead Abbey - Home of Lord Byron (12 miles)
- Lincoln - Cathedral and Shops (23 miles)
- Norwood Park 18 hole Golf Course (2 miles)
- Southwell Racecourse with 18 hole Golf Course (3 miles) Visit to see the latest race card.
- Southwell Workhouse - The best preserved Victorian Workhouse in the
Country (3 miles)
- Local leisure centres and sports facilities
For all the latest events, visit the Newark and Sherwood local guide
Further information can be found on the Notts Tourism Website
Market Square, Nottingham
Newark Market Square
Major Oak, Sherwood Forest